Please email all resumes and questions to email@example.com
Evoco is an innovation company that specializes in disruptive renewable plant-based chemistry, materials and products. Our mission is to close the loop on unsustainable goods for good. It’s the reason we were founded and why we make the choices we do. We are located downtown Toronto in the Mars Discovery District building.
From top leadership to the student, everyone at Evoco embodies our Core Values:
- Sustainable Authenticity
- Creative Innovation
- Adaptability Accountability
- Building Community
Our growing company is seeking a dynamic, motivated and passionate environmental sustainability individual to join our R&D team as the Technical and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Lead. This role has a huge growth opportunity as the company expands its product line.
The Technical and LCA Lead will conduct and manage projects related to environmental LCA modelling and reporting, focusing on helping the company create more sustainable products, commercialize new products, and operate more sustainably. This role will support the sustainability strategy for Evoco and develop goals, policies, and programs to promote efficient, cost-effective technologies and operations at all levels of the company to be environmentally and socially responsible and economically viable. They will engage with all parts of Evoco’s value chain, from suppliers to marketing and sales to operations product development and direct B2B/B2C interactions. The successful candidate will report directly to the COO.
Life Cycle Assessment:
· Manage projects addressing Life Cycle Assessment, product and corporate sustainability strategy.
· Create life cycle assessment models of a product
· Integrating LCA, process design, and economic analysis into a comprehensive evaluation can guide products and process development.
· Improving existing and developing new LCA methods and tools
· Develop tools and strategies to harvest and continuously update data to provide sustainability insights at scale
· Develop and execute a plan to identify the environmental impact of the Company’s global operations, create sustainability initiatives and recommend methods for driving energy efficiency in all business areas.
· Develop sustainability education, communication, marketing and training materials for use by Sales and Marketing teams.
· Provide technical support to sales teams for sustainability-related questions
· Develop and oversee framework for Cradle to Cradle (C2C) optimization activities; work with technical teams to implement an optimization strategy
· Develop metrics and KPIs for tracking improvement on circular economy strategies
· Identifying value capture opportunities for future research work.
· Stay up to date on emerging trends in the field
· Measure and report on Evoco’s global performance against its goals and strategies with respect to sustainability and ensure the implementation of management systems necessary to support sustainability programs.
· Support the practical design and policy problems of various sustainability initiatives by working closely with a range of design, engineering, manufacturing, and operations teams
· 4+ years of direct experience in developing LCA models
· Master’s degree or Ph.D. in chemical engineering, environmental engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or related field
· Knowledge and passion for sustainability, environmental systems, life cycle thinking, product sustainability, and climate change.
· Ability to think critically through systems and processes. Strong quantitative or technical background with an excellent aptitude for analytical thinking.
· Natural curiosity to investigate issues, conduct research, design solutions and translate results into business practices.
· Good oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate issues, give presentations and prepare formal written reports.
· Self-motivated and organized; able to simultaneously work on multiple assignments and work both independently and on teams.
· Desire to help companies succeed in an environmentally sustainable manner
Evoco is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. Our team is built on diversity, equity and inclusion. We value our entire team’s backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. If you require an accommodation to participate in our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to make your needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates for their interest and time; however, only those who are the most qualified for the role will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
- Bonus Pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Are you located in Toronto or GTA?
- Do you have a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in chemical engineering, environmental engineering?
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- direct experience in developing LCA models: 4 years (preferred)
Please email resumes to: Careers@evocoltd.com